Assisted Living Services
80hr. Assisted Living Manager Course
This Course is an instructor lead training course that includes components required to operate an or manage an Assisted Living Facility (ALF). You will be taught how to effectively operate or own an ALF. Topics to include:
- Business management
- Admission and Discharge Process
- Clinical Management including Universal Precautions and Bloodborne Pathogens & CPR/FIRST AID
- Service Planning
- Food Safety
- Fire and Life Safety including Emergency Planning
- Safety of Dementia Resident
Does not include Medication Technician Training
Approved Trainer and meets Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Office Health Care Quality licensing regulations.
Maryland Assisted Living Direct Care Staff
This is an online course package designed to who assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) must participate in training upon hire and annually thereafter. The participant will learn about
- Appraisals and Care Planning
- Human Needs and Development Throughout the Lifespan
- Body Systems and the Aging Process
- Caregiver First AID – Burns and Poisons, Heart Attack and Shock, Choking and Falls, Stroke and Wounds, and Other Sudden Emergencies
- Understanding the Service Plans
- Understanding Resident Rights
- Safe Food Preparation and Storage
- Fire Emergencies
- Responding to Weather Emergencies an Natural Hazards
- Universal Precautions and Bloodborne Pathogens
Meet the requirements of Title 10, Subtitle 07, Chapter 14.19. Assisted Living staff in Maryland
Maryland Assisted Living Direct Care Staff. This course package is designed to meet the requirements of Title 10, Subtitle 07, Chapter 14.19. Assisted Living staff in Maryland who assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) must participate in training upon hire and annually thereafter. The participant will learn about fire safety; infection control and bloodborne pathogens; food safety; emergency procedures; basic first aid; and more.
We have provided links and/or numbers to the agencies or departments needed in your licensure process. We also have a link to the COMAR REGUALTIONS (hyperlink with the name COMAR REGULATIONS). Feel free to access the links to obtain the information you need. If you need additional information we are here to help at 410-814-0258.
Assisted Living Licensure (click here for Assisted Living licensure application)
Baltimore City’s online permit system (click here to apply for your Use of occupancy)
Certificate of Compliance Coordinator at the Workers’ Compensation Commission,
410-864-5100 or via e-mail at COC@wcc.state.md.us.